Sunday, April 19, 2009

Go Cowboys, Go! Go!

Originally posted August 28, 2008


Last night I met Brandon for the Cowboys game. We were about an hour late because of the school meetings I had and his dinner program he had to attend. About an hour into the game, my girlfriend, Lori, called and needed my help. She has just gone through a breakup and needed a friend. Lori has been there through A LOT with me and I knew there was no chance I was going to let her down....but then there was this boy....Didn't I say in a previous post that your girls will understand when you break a date with them to go out with a guy??? I turned to Brandon and all he said was "Go. She needs you." I was shocked! I kissed him quickly and was off to meet my girl. She was waiting for me at the edge of her driveway and she got into my car. "I need a drink and to laugh." You can always count on me for the latter part of that sentence. We left to go to Primo's to sit on the patio and have a couple of margarita's. I didn't let her discuss any issues that were bringing her down. We immediately ran into Big AL, a Dallas DJ, who bought us our first round of margarita's after several hugs. He introduced us to Brian from LA who became our instant companion the rest of the evening. Lori and I laughed until the wee hours of the morning. We got to the nitty gritty of things early this morning over coffee. I passed on some awesome advice that a very wise person passed on to me. I let her read some letters that I wrote that helped me in the process of it all. It conjured up some emotions for me, but I was able to help her understand the reasoning behind it all. My main advice to her was this:

Surround yourself with good people and they will help you come through. Time will heal all your heartache. Let go of any anger and resentment, otherwise, you're scarred with bitterness that you will carry forward. Remember what was good about that person. It's why you fell in love with them in the first place; hold that in your heart as you move forward.

Hugs all around.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment