Saturday, April 18, 2009

What I Want


A friend has told me that before I get into a new relationship, I need to take a step back and reevaluate what I truly want...I had NO idea where to begin, then today while talking with him the following spilled forward and I thought I would share with you....I am sure the longer I think about it more will come out, but for now...this is what I said. Tell me what YOU want out of someone, I'd love to hear it!


"I am a hopeless romantic, my dear, nothing can taint that. I still believe in the fairy tale that the guy comes to take care of the girl in time of need. That he doesn't break her heart on purpose. That nothing can break 2 hearts that speak to each other even over time, distance, torment, weather, guilt, or even death. I want someone to love me as much as I love them....to treat me with respect, to want to be with me every waking moment, call me throughout the day, love when I call them to just say hi, to take interest in what I do, to love that I take interest in what he does, to appreciate the small things, to make me laugh over nothing, to watch me when I walk away. To stand in the middle of a crowded room and just mouth the words "I love you" because were too far apart to hear. To brag to his friends that I'm his girl because he's proud to be with me. To want to show me off to whomever, to sneak into a bathroom at a function because we've been away too long and we can't live without each other for one more second...and because we live on the edge. I want someone to be proud of me and my boys. I want to cuddle up with someone on cold nights, relax under the stars side by side on the warm nights. Someone who knows what I want at certain restaurants that he doesn't have to call and ask before he brings it home. I want to be a priority and never guess at any moment if I truly am or not. I want someone who is successful and I don't have to worry about making ends meet or carrying them financially. Both salaries combined would make for easy living and great travel, and any other "extras" we want. You asked me what I want for my next relationship.... Right here and now you are getting it. I won't settle for anything less. I've been too far and I'm too old to reconsider and settle for anything but this. If someone can't give me these things...then I'm not willing to negotiate."

Never settle. Never. I just ended a relationship where I didn't get any of this. Apparently I was settling. Blind. Never again. I deserve to have what I want. So do you! Make sure you're getting what YOU want. And remember...I want to hear all about it!

T

No comments:

Post a Comment