Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another Great Morning!

Originally posted August 28, 2008
I don't know what I'm going to do with myself if I keep having these mornings. I find myself having an awesome day thereafter. Who could ask for anything more? Yummm.

It was a late night last night with homework and "stuff." I had a bit of frustration over some technicalities that a little running and hits to a punching bag hanging in Doug's garage doesn't cure. This morning I was dragging a$$ getting out the door with the boys. I made my own coffee which rocks, btw, but finished that off a little too quickly and headed on over to Starbucks for another round. "Get to my house....be there in a few," crossed my phone. "What makes you think I want to come over?" is what I wrote back. "The door's unlocked," is all it said. Damn it! Brandon lives about 25 minutes away from where the boys go to school. It's pretty much all back roads through elaborate neighborhoods, matter of fact, I drove right by the neighborhood where the Jonas Brothers are moving to in Westlake next to where Brandon lives. He wasn't there when I pulled into his driveway. I felt awkward letting myself in without anyone there. It looked like B had made waffles for his girls that morning as I walked through the kitchen. I sat down on a bar stool and waited. I looked around and noticed how everything was immaculate and in perfect order. The paperwork for work was neatly stacked on the edge of the counter. His laptop sitting there with a notebook lying next to it with copious notes about the reps he oversees in the territory. I heard the front door open and he walked in and wrapped his arms around me from behind. I could smell him before he even reached me. "Isn't this a nice surprise." "Surprise, my a$$, you told me to be here." "I didn't know you would actually make it." He kissed my neck and proceeded into the kitchen to clean up. He was casually dressed in a t-shirt and pair of shorts. He was freshly showered and shaved. "I like this dress better than yesterdays." He nodded in my direction as he was rinsing off a plate. I blushed. I didn't know what to say. It's a dress that is probably too big for me, OK it IS too big for me in the chest. It ties in the front and criss-cross ties in the back. It shows off your back very nicely. It's made of satin and has a great design on it in brown, black, yellow and cream. It's comfortable. You know the kind I'm talking about...the kind you never want to take off and you could wear it all day then sleep in it at night? Perhaps I've gotten off track some here....

He grabbed my hand after his clean up and walked me to the bedroom. we laid on the bed and he scratched my back while I laid my head on his chest. We laughed about stupid stuff then he got quiet. He rolled me onto my back and looked me in the eyes. "What are you thinking?"

OMG, That look you're giving me is intense and I'm wondering why you're asking me this and, "I'm wondering what YOU'RE thinking!" "I'm just trying to figure out why I love you so much." Did I hear that correctly? I have horrific hearing loss and did I just hear....

"Brandon, we've known each other for how long? 4-5 years? We've been through a lot together and separately and we've helped each other through a lot. We've not talked for months then we run into each other here or there or we send a text or call and boom! we're right where we once were...you can't get that from anybody. We've always had an understanding of each other. It's awesome." Then he kissed me. Was that to shut me up or was it the moment? Whatever the case is, it didn't matter.

We have the Cowboys game later. Off to another great day!

T

No comments:

Post a Comment