Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Stop the Madness!


This is a store with a California surf-lovin' lifestyle that would make the Beach Boys proud. Funny thing is is that the company headquarters is located in Ohio, far from California, and even farther from the Pacific Ocean according to my Virtual Earth map. There's a reason Hollister is called "Another 'it' place for teens" that's because it is just that, A PLACE FOR TEENS!!!! I can admit that I have shopped there, but the ONLY thing I have ever walked away with is a zip up hoodie. There's just something about a mom trying to look like the kids half my age. It doesn't bode well. I feel like I should be in there with my teenage son, but he's only 9 and I refuse to make him age that quickly.

So why do grown men feel the need to shop for too tight t-shirts and jeans from a store geared toward people half their age? Perhaps they're looking to cure their mid-life crisis or their need to try and look hot for someone....someone old enough to be their daughter? That's a crime, actually a double one. I can't tell you how many men and women I pass everyday that should be banned from shopping at this store. If I can see your belly button through your shirt, you need not wear it. If you're over the age of 20, you need not step through the doors unless you're with your teen.

Stop the madness and back away from the store. It's time for an intervention. Your friends will thank me.


T

No comments:

Post a Comment