Monday, March 23, 2009

It's Only The Beginning




NOTE: Originally posted August 1, 2008 at 10:45 AM

Welcome to my blog. So technically this is just a "space" for me to let out my daily thoughts and feelings on the latest "gossip" on how to take control of your life. This is a collaborative project through my girlfriends backed by me. I like to write creatively so I will interject with some of that also. Ideas and thoughts are appreciated at anytime!!! Enjoy! Let me start by telling you a little about me:

First and foremost, I’m from Texas. While I may look like just an ordinary girl, I’m actually quite the opposite. Instead of playing with dolls and having tea parties, I grew up playing football in the yard with my 2 older brothers and all of the other boys in the neighborhood…where were all of the girls???? I focused on sports like softball, swimming, volleyball, and cheerleading. I can pretty much talk most sports with the guys...even though "I'm a chic." It's quite impressive. The more intense and challenging an activity is the more I like it. I’m always up for trying something new and I’m never afraid of failure. To finally get things right you have to be able to get things wrong…a lot. Believe me, I know this all too well lately! Now, here are some random facts…just in case you were wondering:

  • I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and, no, Terrell Owens is not too sensitive.
  • Chick Fil A breakfast burritos are the greatest cure after a long night.
  • Chips and salsa can actually be a meal.
  • Sonic Happy Hour was the greatest idea EVER!
  • I owe so much of who I am to my kids.
  • My friends will agree that I tend to be blunt, and that sarcasm is my second language.
  • I trust too easily.
  • Smiling and laughing come easily to me.
  • I love college football over professional football. I think players in college play because they love the sport not for the love of the money.
  • If you’re feeling down the answer is always chocolate...ok...and alcohol, they're foolproof.
  • Music is my favorite escape. It’s associated with so many memories and it allows me to put situations in perspective.


So, to sum up all that I’ve shared, I’m very fortunate with the life I lead. I look forward to learning as much as possible from those I come into contact everyday…
Bear with me since this is new to me and I’m only beginning. I have a lot to express….Enjoy!


T


No comments:

Post a Comment