Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

 


May was a busy month. I know, I know, I've heard it all, "Everyone is busy but THEY have time to get things done...." OR "You don't work, what do you NOT have time for?" SHUT YOUR FACE, OK? I try and keep an immaculate house. I organize and reorganize closets because there is still room to fit some of Huck's sh!t inside of it because I can't throw everything away at once. Clueless. Everyone needs to hang out with me for a day to see what I do and the amount of Cheetos I consume. The iPad has a TON of cool applications I have found and I've also walked the dog. Actually, I went to Texas twice. and I've been building a wall. You would think I was a professional by the looks of the wall I built around my heart, but NO, dirt is much more tricky then any boy who's ever walked into my life. Seriously, A REAL WALL. There are some instances where I just sit and watch HUCK sweat, and then there are mornings when I'm in a dress and flip flops in the pouring rain trying to put the finishing pieces to the ground level in the front. Hot, huh?

Anyway, my second trip to Texas was over Memorial Day weekend. By the time I landed it felt like seconds before I was leaving again. I hate trips like that only because I don't feel like I even breathed. This trip was to go to my Ex-husband's wedding. Yes, you read that right, MY EX-HUSBAND'S WEDDING. I was gung-ho when I told Dougie that I would make it back and bring Huck along for the ride. As soon as the plane started to descend, I had this gut-punch feeling come over me and it was like I opened my eyes for the first time at what I was actually coming home for. WTF am I doing? Can we turn this plane around and I'll just send a gift and a card? How am I going to make this event NOT ABOUT ME? Seriously, I got through it and had a great time. We laughed and laughed about anything and everything. I introduced Huck to Billy Bob's. He learned what a honky tonk was after much discussion on why it was better than being called a cracker tonk. He had never been to a bar with Bull-riding in it, and we actually saw a concert by a Filipino-American C&W artist, Neal McCoy. He had Texas overload by the time we stumbled back through the Stockyards to the truck. My favorite part of the whole wedding was when strangers would ask me how I knew the bride and groom and I would cheerfully say, "I'm Doug's ex-wife!" Huck thought it better to say I was Doug's baby's momma.

PRICELESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment