Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Southern Goodness

Tonight I introduced Huck to one of my favorite "meals."  You must remember that I not only consider chips and salsa as a meal but also part of a major food group. I can't get enough of corn tortillas.  In Texas it's a staple to have corn tortillas with every meal.  As a young girl, I loved having them brought to the table as we sat down. I would smear enough butter to stop the left ventricle, add a dash of salt to bloat a whale, and drown it in salsa.  Easy enough to make at home except I fry the tortillas in butter for just a few seconds.  I make a plate full so that everyone can grab and dip them into salsa.  My house then smells like a Mexican tortilla factory and I couldn't be more pleased except if I was holding a margarita in my empty hand.  My kids love these as much as I do.  It's a heart attack waiting to happen I'm sure.  I hope no one from CPS reads this blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment