Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Nutcracker


This Friday is date night and I'm excited to say that I am taking Huck to his first showing of The Nutcracker. This is another reason why I love Christmas. All little girls want to be a ballerina and I am no exception; the tu-tu's, the shoes, the dance, I can't get enough. I still secretly wish I at least had a ballerina's body. The long muscular legs and thin arms. The delicate and graceful movements. I took ballet in college as a P.E. credit and my instructor was always telling me to soften my movements. She knew I was a cheerleader and I swear she always winced when I started to dance. I continue to take hip hop classes, including strip hop (no poles...think Pussy Cat Dolls) in my old age for the work out. Thanks to my fabulous instructor, Kari-Lee, she pushes the limits. I often go to class early to catch the end of the ballet classes and I simply admire.
WOW! I am way off track. I am excited to see this year's production of The Nutcracker. Tchaikovsky will hopefully keep Huck entertained instead of the ballerina's. Perhaps I will just have to wear my tu-tu.
T

No comments:

Post a Comment