Friday, May 1, 2009

Nothing Better

Originally posted Aug 29, 2008 @ 3:30 PM
There's nothing better than getting caught in a torential downpour on a warm Texas day. I got out of the car, grabbed my umbrella and started towards the school to grab the boys. Within 2 seconds of getting out of the car, the sky opened up and all hell broke loose. The lightning and thunder crashing just above my head was so loud that it made me jump a mile high. I was instantly soaked before I could open my umbrella. The best part of this is actually when I picked up my boys. There's something about the rain and getting soaked with your boys that brings instant giggles and smiles all around. As we headed out of the school and back to the car, I had both boys clinging to each side of me. I was holding my awesome Louis Vuitton umbrella, but it didn't help because the rain was coming in all directions. All three of us were literally drenched by the time we got to the car. We couldn't stop laughing! I absolutely love the sound of laughter from my boys!


Today I proved my worth as a mother.

I let fun come first.

I let spontaneity rule.

I let my kids go outside and play in the rain.

I let my boys be boys.

It was awesome.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment