Thursday, October 29, 2009

FALL

There's something about my favorite season. The colors seem to magically change over night and the smell of Fall is in the air. Starbucks brings out the Pumpkin Spice that I get a shot into my white mocha with one sweet 'n low, because if you're gonna die, you might as well go into diabetic shock first. I can't get enough of the fall foliage in the Pac NW. Texas doesn't get colors like this. For some reason the leaves go from green to dark gold then brown in, I swear, a week. I've traveled to New York in the Fall a few years ago...8 to be exact and was struck by the beauty of what surrounded me 1 month after tragedy struck our Nation. I had no idea that there was a competition between the West and East coast for the most beautiful foliage. I don't know about you, but this time of the year also puts my soul at rest. I feel a little more relaxed, a little more patient. Perhaps its my soul gearing up for the hibernation of winter, better yet, it's probably the Xanax that's doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment